Saturday 18 April 2009

Wasteland scavenger hab


This is a piece of terrain I finished a week or two back. It represents a scavenger hab out in the wastes, made from the wreck of a Space Marine Drop Pod. The idea is there's a mass drop site from the war, scattered with wreckage, and the wasteland savages have moved in. To make it look like the scavenged drop pod is left over from a botched drop, its mounted in a crater.
I added lots of bits a pieces from my bits box (as well as trading bits with other people). The skull over the hatch is from the Ogre Kingdoms set, making it appear that a bunch of savage scavengers have moved in.
If I can get enough parts together I plan to make a small settlement of these, as if the scavengers have moved in on the site of a whole drop which went very wrong. The settlement would have to be called...wait for it...Bad Landing!

5 comments:

  1. Ohh, dear! Great piece of terrain though, I'll get myself sorted and finish off the 'drop bunkers' I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two_heads_talking28 April 2009 at 16:58

    very nice. Very simple but very well done.

    Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece, I may have to steal that idea myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do, just make sure to post a pic on EF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed...although I spend less and less time there...

    ReplyDelete